Denim for Dollars
Employees at United Prairie Donate to Local Charities through Denim for Dollars Program
United Prairie employees give to local charities weekly through our Denim for Dollars program. Each week, staff members have the option to wear jeans on Friday for a $5 donation to local charity. The company also makes a quarterly match to the employee-donated funds.
This company-wide effort has resulted in donations of over $150,000 given to many local charities across the United Prairie footprint since the program's inception in July of 2010.
"Our employees have really made a difference in our communities by supporting local charities of their choice," said CEO Scott Bradley. "We're proud to have our staff engaged in giving back to United Prairie communities on an ongoing basis."
More than 20 different organizations have received donations to date from the Denim for Dollars program. Listed below are some of the charities we have supported:
- Feeding Our Communities Partners - Backpack Food Program
- Habitat for Humanity of Southern Minnesota
- Hospitality House of Owatonna, Inc.
- Lac Qui Parle Valley Community Education
- Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota - Meals on Wheels
- Manna Food Pantry, Inc.
- MN Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Mountain Lake High School - MEEP
- New Ulm Sertoma Club - Santa's Closet
- Open Door Health Center
- Partners for Affordable HousingPrairie Five C.A.C - Reach Out for Warmth
- Southwest Minnesota Opportunity Council - Head Start
- Southwestern Minnesota Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
- Steele County Food Shelf
- Steele County Transitional Housing
- The Link
- The Salvation Army - Heat Share
- United Way of Steele County - Children's Remedial Fund, Childcare Scholarship, Born Learning, Reach Out for Warmth
- Weekend Treasures
- Western Community Action Partnership
- Worthington Area YMCA