News & Events
Debit Card Fraud Alert
Dairy Queen and K-Mart joined the list of merchants who are now currently investigating possible merchant data security breaches. Both retailers are offering customers who may have been affected in their specified time frames with additional credit tracking and/or protection offerings. Please visit the Dairy Queen or Kmart websites for specific and up-to-date information on this incidents.
United Prairie Bank takes news of these mass card breaches seriously. Here is what United Prairie Bank will be doing to address this situation for our customers:
- Additional monitoring of card transactions for those customers who we are informed may have been affected.
- Direct contact with customers whose cards have suspicious card activity by a United Prairie associate to ensure the transactions are valid.
- Placing orders of new cards for customers on a case-by-case basis if the customer makes a request. We do not currently have plans to automatically re-issue cards at this point.
Our customers who are concerned they may be affected should:
- Closely monitor their account and card purchase activities through eBanking, Mobile Banking or their account statements.
- Be sure to keep their personal and account information private as phishing attempts by those who made the breach could follow. To learn more about your security and phishing, click here.
- Contact your local United Prairie banker immediately or call our card provider right away if you notice any suspicious activity. (24-hour assistance: 1-800-472-3272)
Thousands of Prizes Promotion!
An exciting promotion for United Prairie BillPay customers begins October 1, 2014 and runs through November 30, 2014. Each time a United Prairie customer makes a BillPay payment, receives an eBill in BillPay or makes a Popmoney payment, they will receive an entry for a chance at winning a great prize. Visit the official site for this promotion to learn all the details or click here to view the official rules, opt out or learn how to enter.. This promotion is open to the public.
To learn more about United Prairie's BillPay features, including Popmoney and eBills, check out our video tutorials or call your local United Prairie representative. BillPay can help make your household billpaying so simple!
Login Security Update
Effective June 9th, 2014, the image and passphrase will no longer be displayed on the password page in United Prairie eBanking or Mobile Banking. eBanking and Mobile Banking users can be assured United Prairie will continue to protect your financial information with a multi-layered security system. These are the three layers of eBanking and Mobile Banking security:
- Identifying a correct User ID and Password is entered.
- The program will check the computer, mobile phone or tablet that is being used to login. If the device isn’t recognized, the user will be prompted to answer a Security Challenge question.
- The program will check geographic indicators. If the user is trying to login from a new location they will be prompted to answer a Security Challenge question.
Contact your local United Prairie office if you have any questions on this update.